Please note: this website is moving! To check out the NEW site with extra content, please give this site a visit 🙂
PART I – Definitions, Presuppositions, and Starting Points
- God is all powerful (omnipotent). He is also all-knowing (omniscient). There is nothing that He is not capable of doing. God possesses ultimate and total sovereignty over the entirety of creation.
- Mankind has been made in God’s image. Men and women therefore have some attributes of God. These are not necessarily physical attributes, but rather spiritual ones. Some examples include:
- Humans are eternal beings (Matthew 25:31-46)
- Humans possess intelligence and the ability to reason.
- Humans are self-aware and are aware that they experience reality.
- Humans DO possess free will.
- Free will is defined as the following:
- The ability to make choices independently from direct external influence.
Part II – Discussion